Friday, January 30, 2015

This is the Open Ending

I'm afraid that I won't be continuing to the next generation of The Second Time Around.  I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to read and leave comments!  Your feedback has never failed to put a smile on my face.  Creating this story has been a blast, and I had an infinite number of ideas on where to take it next.

However, my priorities in life have changed.  I have decided to quit the Sims.  Seriously.  I'm uninstalling all the EPs and deleting all my saves after I post this.

I've been thinking about this for several months.  I second-guessed myself a few times partially because I loved this story and I really wanted to continue.  But ultimately, I decided that this is what's best for me.  I've lost far too much time to this game that I really want to use to pursue other things.

I'm still planning on keeping up with all of my favorite stories, so this isn't quite goodbye.  The sims community is a really talented, creative group of people and I had lots of fun being included among you for the short time that I was.

As a parting gift, (and to burn just a bit of the creative fuel that I'm tossing out) I've made a few (a reaping plumload, actually) lovely pictures for you to enjoy!

All of the Reecephia kidlits:

Evangeline Lewis
Brave, Loves the Cold, Daredevil, Unflirty, Natural Born Performer
Lifetime Wish: Master Acrobat





Bowen Lewis
Brave, Athletic, Sailor, Good,  Angler
Lifetime Wish: Seaside Savior




Gawain Lewis
Perfectionist, Loves the Cold, Heavy Sleeper, Avant Garde, Good Sense of Humor
Lifetime Wish: Blog Artist




Odette Lewis
Disciplined, Virtuoso, Cat Person, Socially Awkward, Nuturing
Lifetime Wish: One Sim Band







Christopher Lewis
Good, Slob, Handy, Genius, Computer Whiz
Lifetime Wish: The Tinkerer







Anastasia Lewis
Loves the Heat, Excitable, Bookworm, Hopeless Romantic, Ambitious
Lifetime Wish: Made the Most of My Time










And the Liefaria kidlits:

Yasmin Woods
Family Oriented, Loves the Cold, Loves the Heat, Dog Person, Night Owl
Lifetime Wish: Surrounded by Family




Irwyn Woods
Artistic, Loves the Outdoors, Disciplined, Proper, Charismatic
Lifetime Wish: Golden Tongue, Golden Fingers


And the Harina kidlits:
Moses Mystic
Loner, Good, Kleptomaniac, Brave, Loves the Heat
Lifetime Wish: International Super Spy


Undine Mystic
Photographer's Eye, Excitable, Artistic, Eco-Friendly, Loves to Swim
Lifetime Wish: Visionary






CC free versions of these sims have been added to the exchange and posted on my downloads page.

My favorite EA ghosts resurrected with Reece's ritual and given the complete Ally-Makeover:

Jasper Remington
Death by Electrocution
Riverview


Florinda Torres
Death by Drowning
Isla Paradiso




Sinjon Frank
Death by Thirst
Bridgeport



Donna Parr-Teague
Death by Starvation
Appaloosa Plains


Minerva Goth
Death by Old Age
Midnight Hollow





Jared Ferris
Death by Time Anomaly
Oasis Landing






Each of the Reecephia kids paired with a ghost!

Evangeline Lewis and Sinjon Frank



Bowen Lewis and Florinda Torres



Gawain Lewis and Donna Parr-Teague



Odette Lewis and Jasper Remington


Christopher Lewis and Minerva Goth





Anastasia Lewis and Jared Ferris





Thanks again, everyone!  Love yall! <3



17 comments:

  1. Your pix of all the children grown up are gorgeous! And Reecephia had even more?! Squee! All their kids are beautiful, as are the Leifaria and Harina kids!

    Aww, you’re even sharing pix of the ghosts the kids resurrected and ended up with in the different worlds they traveled to! They’re fabulous and I love your makeovers of the ghosts!

    And finally, Mr. Peter is young again and in paradise! That last shot seriously made me tear up!

    As for the quote on Mr. Peter’s pic, I hope you find those better things for yourself as you move on from simming to achieve your other goals! Even knowing you were not continuing with this story, I was still surprised to hear you plan on uninstalling everything, but I can understand how much of a distraction this game can be when there is real life to be experienced.

    And your parting gift here is truly that—a gift; and one that is much appreciated. You didn’t have to share all of these extras with us, but I am so grateful you did! And tbh, this entire story has been a gift that I’ve enjoyed immensely. Thank you for sharing it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they had mooore! I decided I couldn't resist just a few more.

      I'm so happy you liked the pictures and considered them a gift! I made these extras mainly for me to get some closure on the stories I won't be sharing now, but I thought maybe they might be enjoyed and I was happy to share them.

      And sorry for the "Surprise! I'm quitting the game too!" 0.0 While I've been thinking about it for months, there really was never an opportune time to mention it. I love the Sims, it's a fun game, but there are other things I want to do more and ultimately it's just been a distraction from those things instead of just a break from them.

      I love that quote, it's been on my dresser mirror for years! I thought it was fitting to share, especially considering Mr. Peters and his love of quotes. I also wasn't sure he would be recognized without a quote. 0.0 Might've made the youth a little strong there...

      And thank you again, Star, for all your wonderful comments and encouragements and for your well-wishes! As I said in my post, this isn't goodbye... I will definitely still be around. I wanna know how your baby challenge ends, after all! =D But thank you again for reading! I'm sorry to have ended so soon, but I'm glad you loved the story that I did share.

      Delete
    2. Yep, closure is important, and all these pictures definitely helped make the story feel more finished, even though it doesn’t actually end. And they hint a bit at how the relationships with the Reecephia kids and their ghosts developed which is pretty cool, and fun to ponder over.

      Yeah, I was actually kind of shocked about the uninstalling! Lol. I don’t think it’s something I would do myself, but I am at a completely different point in my life than I imagine you to be. So it absolutely makes sense and I can understand.

      It is a beautiful quote and it sums up everything perfectly; the story itself, Mr. Peter’s character and your own moving on to new experiences. :) Lol, the youth is strong with Mr. Peters, but I recognized him right away—the quote just made it even better.
      It was my pleasure! And it’s nice to know you’ll still be around now and again. But yes, I’m a big believer in RL needing to come first, so there’s nothing to be sorry for. And you did wrap up the story very well; that’s all anyone could ask. I’m just glad I got to read it! :)

      Delete
  2. The Kids are all adorable and your character names were all so different and unique. i love that Sophia and Reece had more It shows that even they really did get their happy ending after all. And pairing the kids with the resurrected was so cute i love Gawain Donna.

    I remember when i first saw this story on the sims forums, i was instantly drawn in with your story. The Character depth and back story you put into it made it real and thrilling to read. Not to mention i will forever love your photo editing and how much effort you put into each and every post. I will miss your updates however wish you all the best in your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marliahn! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed it. Once again, I'm sorry to cut the story short on you but I'm glad to have had you for a reader for the bit I did share!

      Reece and Sophia were both rolling wishes for more babies while I was raising the other kids, so I thought, "Why not?" Glad I did, cause those last two were super-cute.

      Delete
  3. Hi, not sure if you come on this anymore, but I had a question, I was wondering whether or not Reece's ritual was real? I wanted to do a back to life thing I just wasn't sure how to revive sims, if this is real, I would love to use it, however I don't use many mods, so if it's not I won't be using it. I know you could just be an awesome photoshopper and have made all of those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still around. =D Thanks for stopping by!
      Reece's ritual was a story-telling gimmick of mine and does not exist in-game, though you can use the Philosopher's Stone to bind a ghost (any ghost in the world with a gravestone) and make them a member of your active household. From there you can use TestingCheats to open them up in CAS and turn them human, or fix them a plate of Ambrosia if you don't want to use cheats.
      Now I am a semi-awesome photoshopper, lol but most of the effects you see in these pictures were practical, meaning I posed sims in game and then used fountain sprayers, fire effects blasters from Showtime, and the fog machine to get the effect in the picture. The only one I think was mostly photoshop is Minerva's, where I used a cobweb brush.
      I hope that helps, and have fun if you go for the BMTL challenge! It was really fun to do and most of the stories that come out of them are really good!

      Delete
  4. Those pictures are really neat, I'm just sorry that it took me so long to see the final post. Unfortunately I've been working on not letting the sims dominating my life and working on some of my other own projects as well.
    I'm glad you'll still be around, but sad to see this story end. I always looked forward to reading these updates when I had the time.
    I'd also always hoped to impress you with one of my own stories. You're writing and the amazing pictures you took always amazed me.
    Good luck with your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for reading and commenting, Trista! I'm sorry to have cut the story short on you. It makes me so happy to hear that you looked forward to reading the updates when you could!
      I've been busy working on new projects on new life transitions, but I'll be sure to check out your stories sometime! And good luck to YOU Trista! =D Thanks so much again for reading!

      Delete
  5. Hi again. I love your blog and you are amazing with both sims and writing, so I was wondering if you could maybe give me some tips? I'm a pretty confident writer, but I'm not at all skilled with writing a sims story. I was wondering what mods you used? Because I don't want my story to be like, she's a toddler, now she's a child. I want it to flow like in real life. I want my sims to grow, not just snap into an age. Does this make any sense? It might sound better if I say, do you know any trusted modding sites? Yeah, that's a lot simpler...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! My apologies for the late reply... I use the internet like an old person these days. =P The mods I used most frequently were probably Nraas's master controller and the pose player from ModtheSims. I guess I'd recommend pose player the most if you're looking to tell a story. Otherwise I'd say it's not really about mods so much as it is ignoring game mechanics and just using the game engine to illustrate your story. Though mods do help you do that. But as far as modding sites, I'd recommend http://modthesims.info and http://nraas.wikispaces.com. For custom content, I usually used thesimsresource.com.

      Delete
  6. Cool, thanks for your help. Might I ask the mod you used to make Bowen taller?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used OMSP to make him appear taller than Gawain in some pictures. It's here: http://modthesims.info/d/428179
      It was pretty much the equivalent of having him stand on a box. =D

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for creating this! It was honestly the best ever Sims fanfic/legacy-thingy I've ever read! I really hope you do change your mind in the future, as I'd love to read more of yourwork :)
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading! it really was a joy to create and a joy to hear that others liked it so much. Sometimes I hope I change my mind too, there are a number of aspects about the Sims that I really miss, creating characters and illustrating stories being the primary things, but I'm pretty sure I've burned the Sims bridge so to speak by this point. Just the way I've got my internet plan set up these days plus the way I uninstalled the games would make it extremely difficult and expensive to reinstall. But I am always writing and if I have another project I feel I can share in the future, I will probably post something about it to this blog. Thanks again for reading!

      Delete